Wednesday, December 22, 2010

District 9 (List 2: #126)

I'm not usually a big fan of alien movies at all, but this one was very well done. Still not one of my favorite movies ever, but probably good enough to make it on the list. I guess what I got out of this movie was that if we were ever invaded by aliens we should willingly invite them into our homes and be the best of friends with them. Not sure if I'll take that advice.

"When dealing with aliens, try to be polite, but firm. And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet."

- Zac


I second Zac's statement that I'm not real big on alien movies, however, I'm not even sure I would consider this an alien movie.  Yes it has aliens in it, but it is focused on how we treat them.  Not on how horrible they are, but instead on how horrible we are.  It is a good concept, and an interesting was of portraying it.


"He was an honest man, and he didn't deserve any of what happened to him."


-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I just watched this the other night too! It was crazy-weird. I'm still not sure what I thought of it. Interesting politically, but not sure I'd say it's good. Definitely want to know the backstory, though.

    ReplyDelete