Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Green Mile (List 2: #84)

So its been awhile since we actually watched this, but it was a great movie. I'm actually surprised it's not higher up the list. I originally expected it to be a lot more similar to Shawshank than it was, but this movie shows the prison story from the guards perspective and also has a slightly more surreal theme than Shawshank does. They both have there own benefits and drawbacks. I think The Green Mile did a better job at leaving me with something to think about than Shawshank Redemption did, but Shawshank is more connectible for more people I think, which is probably why it's number 1.

"Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time? Can you understand?"

- Zac




The only reason that I can think of as to why this movie is not higher up on the list would be because it has a tiny bit of a fantasy element to it.  I agree with Zac about why the Shawshank Redemption is higher up than The Green Mile, but I liked The Green Mile more.  Both movies have a lot in common, but the reason that I liked The Green Mile more was because I felt liked it moved quicker and that there was always something happening; whereas in the Shawsank Redemption I didn't get that feeling until the end.


"This is a shocking experience!"


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment