Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Full Metal Jacket (List 2: #85)

Movies on recent wars turned out to be a topic of conversation after dinner. Why are there so few movies that deal with war during war? Why doesn't someone make a movie on the situation in the Middle East? The only answer we could fathom is that it would be to politically unfavorable. Anyway, when the time came to procrastinate and make progress on the list, we naturally decided to choose a war on the Vietnam war. Big mistake. Full Metal Jacket was split into two completely separate parts with very little connecting the parts. It left me confused and waiting for the big dramatic connecting moment. Watch it only if you're desperate for a war movie, and even then I would suggest re-watching Saving Private Ryan.

"The dead only know one thing: it's better to be alive."

-Zac




I completely agree with Zac, and would only add that both halves had the potential to have their own good plots, but when put together all they accomplish is completely confusing anyone who is watching it.


"I'm in a world of shit... yes. But I am alive. And I am not afraid."


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment